A professional online presence is a must. But most business owners are experts in their own industry…not in web design and management! Fortunately, most of the basic components of a good website are quite achievable with just a little bit of research and hard work. Here are 5 simple steps you can take to improve your website that require minimal time and effort while paying off big!
- Check for simple errors. It might sound silly, but it is truly amazing how many professional businesses leave simple typos or formatting errors on their websites! The truth is we are all human and it is easy to make mistakes…but leaving a mistake up on your website is a surefire way to look unprofessional in front of potential customers and clients!
- Simplify design. Many websites are guilty of allowing far too much clutter. This ultimately distracts people from your main message while running the risk of making your website look “spammy.”
- Refresh SEO keywords. There is no need to rewrite all the content on your entire website, as that can be very costly and time consuming. Nonetheless, performing a bit of keyword research and then incorporating a few important keywords into your web content is a great way to boost search engine rankings fast!
- Start a blog! Speaking of SEO, a blog is a great way to improve your rankings while also providing potential customers and clients with valuable information that can help establish you as an authority in your field. Even just a couple posts a month can start to add up and make a difference over time!
- Add social media buttons. Given the rapidly growing importance of social media, it is quite surprising to see that many otherwise professional websites are missing out on the opportunity to link to social media! This can be done quite easily, so there is truly no reason not to!
Bonus tip: improve your hosting services! A reliable and functional host is key to a great website. If you’re not one hundred percent happy with your current hosting solution, visit RFE Hosting online today to learn about the alternatives!
Was this guide/post helpful? Please leave a comment below
Sign-Up for our Affilate program today, and start earning money!