I have had many people ask how this is done, so i figured i might as well make a post about it.
So ill do it step by step in the order i usually do it.
Step 1: Download WordPress from their download side, and save it on your computer.
- Download WordPress Here – http://wordpress.org/download/
- Save it on your computer locally.
- Unzip/decompress it using any popular compressed file extractor (winzip,winrar) to a folder on your desktop.
- Enter your server hostname/username/password and connect.
- Once connected, navigate to your www or public_html folder.
- Upload the contents of your WordPress zip file to the directory above.
- Your directory structure should look similar to this: http://screencast.com/t/n0eXti5rZ2
Step 3: Login to your hosting account, and create your mysql database, we use Cpanel:
- Login to your cPanel account.
- Navigate to the databases section- http://screencast.com/t/TGYdcwXi
- Click MySQL Databases
- Enter the database name and click create – http://screencast.com/t/xA2m2v346Gy
- Create a database user – http://screencast.com/t/b5GXEIdwE, make sure you use a password you can remember, or save the one you generate to the clipboard.
- Assign the newly created user to to created database – find “Add user to database” select the user and database and click “add” – http://screencast.com/t/5AumtYaAwX
- Select all options and click “make changes” – http://screencast.com/t/E8SzVBwy
Step 4: Finish up the WordPress Install
- Navigate to your new WordPress install url, and click “Create a config file” – http://screencast.com/t/h17rtLX3
- Click “Lets go” – http://screencast.com/t/vSPbod3FpD77
- Fill in all the required fields: Database Name, User Name, Password – http://screencast.com/t/bJnOOq5t
- Once those are filled in, press submit.
- Click “Run the install” – http://screencast.com/t/UeLl5VmMQs
- Fill in the next required fields: (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE ADMIN USERNAME TO SOMETHING OTHER THEN “ADMIN”) – http://screencast.com/t/3naqR7DXi, and press “Install WordPress”
- Success!! – http://screencast.com/t/gEHxtR1Nj
Step 5: Login to your newly “manually” installed WordPress site using the admin login/pass in step 4 – http://screencast.com/t/YWuBrziHRwha
Was this guide/post helpful? Please leave a comment below
Sign-Up for our Affilate program today, and start earning money!