The past couple weeks i have been searching around the Interweb, and found many people have problems uploading and inserting images into their WordPress posts/pages.
So I have put together this quick guide on how to do just that!
There are 2 ways of doing this:
- In WordPress there is the “Media” Library that allows you to upload images to your blog, then use the link provided to add it to a page/post or anywhere else on your site.
- The second way is to upload/insert it directly from the post or page you are creating using the menu option shown on the page and post interface.
So here is the quick guide on each method on how to upload and insert images onto posts or pages of your blog
Post – Page Insert/Upload Menu Button:
Step 1: Make sure you are on the visual editor tab while creating your post/page.
Step 2: Find the “Upload/Insert” menu bar area on your post screen – http://screencast.com/t/oSygM2CD
Step 4: Once you have selected your image, you can then adjust the settings for that image(title, caption, size,alignment options), then click “Insert into post” – http://screencast.com/t/rbdMcMsSpUe
Step 5: You have now clicked the “Insert into post” button, so should now have an image showing up in your post/page you are working on
Media Library image uploading/insert into post:
Step 1: Locate the “Media” left side menu option in your WordPress dashboard, then press “add new” – http://screencast.com/t/3femsFdgTbr
Step 2: Select the files (yes you can upload in bulk using this option) you want to upload, then upload them – http://screencast.com/t/Ni7czy4ZN
Step 3: Once uploaded you can now go to your post/page and insert them from the media library by following these easy steps:
- Click the upload/insert button – http://screencast.com/t/rJonpCy2q
- Then click the “Media Library” Tab – http://screencast.com/t/BEm598uYeqQ
- Once clicked, you will then see the images you have uploaded – http://screencast.com/t/XOfNXYNEkRw
- From that screen you can click the “show” button next to the image you want to insert, make your changes to the image, then click the “insert into post” and that will add it to your current post/page you are working on.