Looking for the right web hosting service can be tricky. This nine-point checklist can help.
- Have a clear vision of what kind of website you are building. How much traffic volume do you expect? Do you have special software needs? Are you willing to use WordPress or another common content management system? (CMS) Answering these questions will make the rest of the process clearer, and it will enable the web hosting company that helps you to better understand your needs.
- Uptime and Reliability. Stability and reliability are non-negotiable, so be sure to choose a server that offers great uptime.
- Upgrade options. Shared servers are increasingly powerful and should fit the needs of most startups just fine. That being said, if you believe your company and your website may experience substantial growth, you probably want to find a company that offers the option to upgrade to more powerful options such as VPS and managed dedicated servers.
- Addon Domains. If you wish to own more than one domain, make sure that your server allows for it.
- Price. Some hosting companies charge premium fees for…not-so-premium service. Make sure your hosting company offers great value!
- E-Commerce. If you plan on conducting E-Commerce on your site, you will need an SSL certificate.
- Money Back Guarantee. Some companies offer trial periods, which is an added bonus as it allows you to test their servers without risk.
- Site Backup. This is crucial–make sure you choose a service that performs regular backups in order to avoid a disaster!
- Customer Service. At some point (or, more likely, at many points) you are going to need help from your hosting company. Make sure you choose a company that is known for its great customer service, as this will make your life far easier.
RFE Hosting Makes the Grade!
At RFE Hosting, we are proud to say that we satisfy every item on this checklist. From unparalleled uptime to fantastic customer service and everything in between, RFE Hosting is the place to go for all of your hosting needs!